Pharmaceutical Wholesalers: Business Strategies and Financial Economics
For manufacturers of brand-name pharmaceuticals, wholesalers remain the primary channel to pharmacies and hospitals. The biggest wholesalers are positioning themselves as indispensable intermediaries in the supply chain and are staking out a powerful position in high-growth channels for specialty drugs.
This module covers the important topics related to the wholesale industry, including: business services, customer relationships, financial economics, and more.
After completing this course, learners will be able to:
- Identify the key participants in the drug wholesaling and specialty distribution industry
- Distinguish between specialty distributors and full-line wholesalers
- Explain the services wholesalers provide to pharmacies, hospitals, and manufacturers
- Distinguish among services that wholesalers provide to larger and smaller pharmacies
- Describe wholesaler compensation and profits
- Distinguish among the sources of a wholesaler’s gross profits
- Delineate the sources and uses of cash generated by wholesalers’ business operations
- Define key trends in wholesaler business strategies